Saturday, April 14, 2007

In Memory...

Our family lost a dear mom, grandma, great-grandma, and great-great-grandma a week ago. Grandma was 103 years old and up to a month ago she was doing so well. I will never forget our last real visit how she asked if we had gotten our little girl yet. That means she knew me and she knew that we were anticipating the arrival of our Hannah. Noah and I had prayed nightly for Grandma's time to go be with her heavenly Father. Grandma was ready, but selfishly I just wanted her to hold on to Hannah's arrival. I didn't get my selfish wish, but Grandma gave me a gift for Hannah that is priceless. The day after Grandma passed, my mom brought over an Easter gift that means so much to me. Not only did she get me a pink outfit I will be wearing to Hannah's arrival, but in the bag was a beautiful pink, white, and green baby blanket Grandma had made for Hannah at 102 years old. Hannah will never meet Grandma in person, but her mom will tell her all about her and she will know from her blanket that she held a special place in Grandma's heart.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Those homemade keepsakes are so precious for our babies and will bring back great memories each time you use the blanket and will remind you to talk about such a special lady with Hannah.

Keeping you guys in prayer! Your time is coming sooo close!

Be Blessed!
-jenni