Friday, July 06, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday Hannah!














Our sweet baby girl is 1 today! I can't believe she is one already! Hannah is such a happy girl. She is very easy going, but can show her temper once in awhile. This week she has had fun looking at the animals at the fair, seeing fireworks, and helping mom put the house back together after a paint job and putting laminate floors.


As I type this my heart is breaking for three different families that have lost their babies, all with different situations. I can't imagine losing my children, but I do know they are a gift from God and that God will see us through any circumstances. The feelings the above families are feeling have to be some of the same feelings Hannah's and Noah's birth parents have felt. I always get so weepy when it is holidays, I feel sad that I am the one that gets to see all the joy and excitement in the kids' eyes. Hannah's birth parents are very special people, even though I have never met them, I am so proud of them for taking her home and for 10 days got to know their daughter. They have given our family a true blessing, a gift that I could never thank them enough for. I remember this day last year for me, I had shingles, I was told I needed to get glasses, and it was just an up and down down day. Wow, little did I know over halfway around the world, our daughter was being born. I have a feeling Hannah's birth parents will have thoughts of what a year ago was like for them. I lift them up in prayer for peace and that they may feel comfort while they reflect back on the year.


Happy Birthday dear Hannah! Your family loves you dearly and you are a true gift from God!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday, Hannah!