Thursday, May 17, 2007

One Month Ago and 5 Years Ago


I can't believe how the time is flying by! A month ago at this time my baby girl was in the air flying to meet her mom and dad and big brother. I have had my baby girl a whole month, but it seems just like yesterday she was placed in my arms. Hannah is a wonderful baby and so easy going. I think she has slept through more nights in this past month than Noah has his entire life! Hannah has a very easy going personality. She lets you know when it is time to eat or when it is time to be changed. Hannah has a smile and laugh that is so beautiful. Her big brother Noah has had a rough month realizing mom can't always hold him all the time, learning to share, and not always having mommy get his sippy cups as fast as he would like them. Mom too has had some adjustments to deal with along the way. The one thing that has made my heart melt is watching Noah and Hannah play together. This past week they have started really playing sweetly together and it is so beautiful. That brings me to 5 years ago.... was the day my brother, Torrey, left to go to his heavenly home. I can't believe five years ago was the last time I talked to him or saw him. I wish I knew if he could see my kids. I truly feel when God created these two beautiful children He put some Torreyisms in their bodies. Noah's deep passion for the farm, tractors, and animals remind me of my brother a lot. Hannah is already showing some ornery behaviors that make me wonderful what other Torreyisms will show through as she gets older. I can see already how Noah loves his sister and although I don't remember how I felt at 2 and a half years of age, I do know five years ago I loved my brother. I still love him today. I love him for all the lessons he taught me prior to his death and I love him for the lessons he still teaches me. I hope I continue to learn from him in the next five years. Time sure flies!

1 comment:

Marla Edington said...

How bittersweet!

It is an adjustment having a 2nd child... but so worth it! Seeing them play nicely together does make it all so worth it! Thanks for the update. I'm sure you'll all continue to have so much fun together!